Can I attend more than one class?
Are the McGregor Art retreats only for university students?
Am I too old?
What level of health do I need?
How do I keep up to date with upcoming McGregor events?
How can I enrol?
- Online, by selecting the school you wish to attend, selecting the class you wish to participate in and selecting the Book Now button.
- Over the phone, by calling the Artsworx Box Office on 07 4631 1111.
Class sizes are limited, enrolment is preferred online to ensure your spot. If classes become full the office will accept you onto a waitlist to attend the class. As it is not a guarantee that a spot will become available we do suggest that you enroll into an alternative class you may wish to attend at the same time.
What are the closing date for enrolments?
Are there early bird discounts?
What happens if I enrol and then can’t attend?
The McGregor Office may waive or reduce the cancellation penalties if a student has cancelled due to a medical condition or bereavement. We ask that a registrant provide evidence of their inability to attend the school.
You can join our E-News list to be one of the first to know when a new school is available for enrolment or when new classes have been added. Simply send an email to McGregor@usq.edu.au with your name and email address requesting to be put on our E-News list.
What happens if my class is cancelled?
Who are the Friends of McGregor?
The objectives of the Friends is to contribute to raising funds for scholarships, equipment for the McGregor Schools and to promoting Art within the Community through membership, raffles and donations. In the past, Friends of McGregor have actively obtained equipment such as easels, jewellery tools and more recently, a 500 cubic litre Woodrow kiln.
As a financial member of Friends of McGregor, you will benefit from discounted class fees when attending any of the McGregor Schools: Summer, Winter and Spring. Friends of McGregor will also receive an exclusive booking period prior to workshops going on sale to the general public.
Check out their webpage to find out more and join today!
Are there Scholarships or Bursaries available for McGregor?
Check out their website for more info on how to apply.
Is there parking available?
Is there food available to purchase on campus?
Where can I smoke on Campus?
The McGregor Office will endeavour to accede to student’s accommodation requests, but reserve the right to make changes according to room availability. McGregor College will be filled first, then Concannon if numbers require it. There is NO SMOKING allowed on the university campus including the residential colleges, except in designated smoking pavilions.
What are my on-campus accommodation options?
- An air-conditioned bedroom with an ensuite bathroom (guaranteed to be available only at Summer School)
- Non air-conditioned bedroom with a shared bathroom (ie one bathroom shared between two separate bedrooms). Students if attending with family/friends can indicate individuals they would like to share with when enrolling
- Junior students are housed in Steele Rudd College and are supervised by live-in Blue Card certified House Parents. No bar operates in Steele Rudd College.
No Smoking is allowed on the University Campus or Residential Colleges, except in designated Smoking Pavilions.
At the Residential Colleges, are there any double or twin rooms for couples?
Are there meals available with accommodation?
Can you cater for my dietary requirements?
How do I get to Toowoomba?
From Wellcamp Airport:
You can now fly directly into Toowoomba from Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns and Townsville. The Airport is called Brisbane West Wellcamp when making bookings. The airport is located to the west of Toowoomba and is about a 25-30minute drive from the University campus
Peters Coaches offer transfers from the Wellcamp Airport to your accommodation. http://www.peterscoaches.com.au/airport.html
ConXion – The Airport Flyer, Phone 1300 934 853, https://www.theairportflyer.com.au/
From Brisbane Airport:
The Airport Flyer runs a door-to-door service from the airport to anywhere in Toowoomba daily. The Airport Flyer can be contacted on 07 4630 1444 or email email@example.com.
Or catch the Airtrain (0 7 3217 3308 or email firstname.lastname@example.org) to Roma Street Transit Centre (07 3236 2020) and board a Greyhound Coach (1300 473 946 or www.greyhound.com.au)
Toowoomba astrides the Great Dividing Range and connects to the New England Highway running north/south, Warrego Highway running east/northwest and Gore Highway from the southwest.
Are there taxis available?
What is Toowoomba's weather like?
AFTER CLASS ACTIVITIES
Are there activities to do at night?
- Weeknight concerts featuring the talented McGregor music tutors and students. (Summer School only)
- Tutor Presentations – students can attend visual presentations by the amazing art tutors showcasing their work after class during the week.
- McGregor Market Night – take home your very own piece of McGregor art as tutors and students showcase and sell their pieces. Free to attend, open to students and the public.
- Trivia Night – quickly becoming a crowd favourite, a fun night for all to enjoy. Free to participate
- Life drawing – if schedules allow, art models will provide nightly life drawing sessions (minimal fees apply)
WI-FI ON CAMPUS
Is there wi-fi on campus?