High school students across South East Queensland – this is your chance to have your work exhibited plus take home some great prizes!
The Future Visions art competition showcases and celebrates the work of senior (year 11 and 12) high school students from across South East Queensland.
Judged and curated by Kylie Jenkins and Stephen Spurrier (USQ art lecturers and esteemed artists in their own right) the competition aims to encourage students to continue art making post secondary school and consider further study in the field.
How to enter
- Take a picture of up to three of your works. Please make sure it is a clear and accurate representation of the piece as this will be used to determine if you’re a finalist.
- Fill in the online entry form by clicking the ‘Enter Now’ button above
- Upload your images as well as a 25 word blurb about each of your works by following the prompts in the online entry process.
- Revise your entry and click submit!
One entry per student with a maximum of three artworks per entry. Entries must be received before 5 April – entries received after this date will not be considered. See full terms and conditions for details.
Pop these important dates into your calendar!
- 29 Jan – Entries open
- 5 April – Entries close
- 12 April – Finalists notified
- 22-26 April – Delivery of works to USQ Toowoomba
- 29 April – Judging to determine winners
- 30 April – Exhibition opening and announcement of winners
First prize – $800
Second prize – $500
Third prize – $200
Encouragement Award – McGregor Winter Arts Retreat Bursary (valued at $695.00)
Packers prize – $100
Finalists – inclusion in the Future Visions exhibition at the USQ Arts Gallery (Toowoomba)