Oils with Marcel Desbiens
Marcel’s Winter Retreat class is SOLD OUT
Marcel’s class for Winter Retreat has sold out. Make sure you’re on the waitlist in case more spots become available. In the mean time there are a range of other classes available as part of this retreat and don’t worry if a place becomes available in this class we’ll let you switch.Waitlist sign up
Paint Luminous Flowers in Oil
Skill level: Intermediate to advanced
Estimated material cost: $250*
This course is suitable for those with a basic foundation knowledge of oil painting.
Marcel will reveal his secrets to creating exquisite luminous flower paintings using his signature layering techniques.
In this workshop you will:
- paint layers in a series of exercises followed by demonstrations by Marcel using, alkyd-resin and oil.
- build a 3D impression from a 2D monochrome or colour layer to full colour from an underpainting.
- balance tones for a harmonious outcome.
- create a unique personal composition for your painting.
- understand the nuances of the Flemish and Venetian styles.
- produce optical effects by glazing with multiple transparent layers of colour.
You’ll leave this class with a new take on oils and some fresh new works to show off at home!
This class is suitable for those 15 years and older, however if you are under the age of 18 please contact the McGregor Office prior to booking.
Marcel was born in Quebec, Canada living and studying in the French speaking region.
He studied art at CEGEP DE SHERBROOKE and moved to Australia in 1989.
His search for the ultimate oil painting technique lead him to the Old Masters in the renaissance period. Marcel has been painting and teaching those methods for the last 40 years, winning prestigious art prizes and public art projects.